The Importance of an Online Athletic Resume
One of the most important tools for recruits is an online athletic resume. A well-constructed resume provides college coaches with valuable information about a student-athlete’s athletic accomplishments and their academic strengths. Coaches want detailed information that’s easy to access and is verified by a trusted third party like NCSA.
NCSA’s Recruiting Management System (RMS) makes creating an online athletic resume pretty simple. The RMS is easy to navigate and it can be used to set up a detailed recruiting profile that includes your stats, athletic and academic achievements, and even your highlight video.
An online resume that’s clean and easy to read is a powerful way to show off your strengths to a large number of college coaches.
Some of the information you should include on your resume:
- Detailed contact information
- The name of your high school and where it is located
- Your sport, your position, your height and weight
- Your year in school
- Personal stats that are specific to your sport
- Up-to-date information about your team
- A personal statement explaining why you would make a good addition to any athletic program
- Standardized test scores (SAT or ACT)
- Academic honors like National Honor Society or Student Council
Sample RMS Athletic Resume
Highlight Video and Athletics
Coach References and Measurables
Details about Academic Accomplishments, Awards and Accolades
Build your free profile
Get evaluated by a scout
Get matched with coaches