5 Things You Must Do to Get Recruited – Every Year
It’s different for everyone, but no matter where you are in the recruiting process, there are 5 things that you MUST do if you want to get recruited. Let’s get right to it.
- KEEP a strong GPA and seek help with any subjects where you are struggling
- EVALUATE your athletic/physical ability, set goals to improve, and achieve them
- MAINTAIN strong personal integrity and stay out of trouble
- LEARN the recruiting rules and calendar
- POST your athletic and academic information online where coaches can see it
Freshman and sophomores
- START recording performances for your highlight video
- TARGET schools you are interested in every division; aim for 100 total
- CONTACT the coaches you targeted so they know who you are
- PRACTICE for the ACT or SAT
- VISIT as many campuses as you can for camps, game days, etc.
- TAKE the ACT or SAT
- FINISH your highlight/skills video (with spot shadowing) and send it to coaches
- BUILD relationships with coaches and always respond to them
- REGISTER with the NCAA Eligibility Center
- FIND ways to get exposure, like combines, tournaments, and showcases
- SUBMIT your college applications and your FAFSA
- GO on official and unofficial visits
- CALL coaches, find out where you stand, and give them up-to-date information
- ASSESS your position; take stock of your offers
- CHOOSE your school and commit
Click here to join the network and start connecting with college coaches. Already in the network? Learn more or claim your free recruiting evaluation by calling our NCAA-certified recruiting experts directly at 866-495-7727 or clicking here to set a time to talk.