1.Video is key in the tennis recruiting process.
- Coaches need to see more footwork and how you get around the court instead of just fundamental strokes
- Include 25 baseline shots, net play and serves on video log
- Show your athleticism on your video
2. Tournaments are very important
- USTA – State, Sectional, and National (Challenger, Open, and Champion Tournaments)
- Youth Tournaments
- Junior Tournaments
- ITF Tennis Tournaments
3. The biggest and most important need in the recruiting process is Rankings with the USTA and TR.net.
- This is done with USTA and ITF tournament play.
- Every time you beat an opponent, check their ranking. If they are ranked higher than you, tell the coach you beat a top ranked player. Most of these coaches do not have assistants and these athletes need to follow up with phone calls if the coach does not respond to emails.
- Get a sense of what the college coaches look for in a reccruit
- See who is leaving the team
- Look at where the school recruits from
- Look at what the current players rankings are
Click here to create a recruiting profile in the NCSA Network and get the opportunity to connect with college coaches across the country , or call 866-579-6272 to speak to an NCAA-certified recruiting expert