Getting recruited by college coaches is all about making an impression. From your grades to your highlight videos, stats to personal statement, every aspect of your profile gives coaches one more reason why you would be a good fit for their program. When it comes to showcasing your skills and stats, however, finding a way to get accurate measurements can mean traveling to a camp or combine, or even making a friend—inaccurately—time your 40-yard dash. Even if you do have access to testing facilities, it’s crucial to understand what your scores really mean and how you can improve them.
There’s another way to access high-quality sports testing and evaluation.
Next College Student Athlete (NCSA) recently formed a strategic alliance with Parisi Speed School, Zybek Sports, and Box Command to launch the Center for Standardized Athletic Testing (CSAT) where expert Performance Coaches verify, assess and help you improve your athletic skills. Here’s how it works:
- Find the nearest Testing Center. Parisi has 90 locations in 31 states across the U.S., and will be adding Testing Centers throughout the year.
- Take the SAT. This isn’t the SAT you’re used to hearing about. The Standardized Athletic Test (SAT) at Parisi is offered to students ages 13-18 in a semi-private or group setting. Your SAT score reflects your performance in a series of combine drills: 10-, 20- and 40-yard dash, vertical jump, 5-10-5, broad jump and more.
- Get assessed. The Parisi Speed School Performance Coaches will verify and record your scores, providing expert, unbiased feedback on where you stand as an athlete, as well as training tips and program suggestions to help you improve.
- Update your NCSA profile. Add these stats to your NCSA profile to show off what you can do. This information helps our network of more than 41,000 coaches understand how you can fit into their program and will open up opportunities you may not have considered before.
- Keep practicing. Follow the training tips from your Parisi Speed School Performance Coaches and get re-assessed. As you improve your time, vertical jump or other skills, update your NCSA profile to ensure coaches have access to the most up-to-date information about your athletic talent.
With these tools at your disposal, the road to enhancing your skills and playing at the collegiate level is becoming easier to navigate. With a little extra work, you can be on your way to the collegiate athletic program that’s the perfect fit for you. Learn more about the Parisi Speed School or update your NCSA profile now.
Find a Standardized Athletic Testing Center near you!
About Parisi Speed School:
Founded in 1992 by Bill Parisi, our mission is to strive to be the industry leader in performance enhancement and continue to deliver a positive training experience that improves speed of movement and strength in character regardless of ability or economic status. Over the past 20+ years, Parisi Speed School has grown to over 90 locations in 31 states and has trained more than 600,000 individuals. For more information on joining a Parisi Speed School or owning your own franchise visit www.parisischool.com.
About Next College Student Athlete (NCSA):
NCSA is the world’s largest and most successful collegiate athletic recruiting network. A wholly-owned subsidiary of Reigning Champs, NCSA’s team of more than 550 former collegiate and professional athletes leverages 16 years of exclusive data, proprietary matching algorithms, and personal relationships to connect tens of thousands of college-bound student-athletes to more than 41,000 college coaches nationwide across 31 sports every year. You can learn more about NCSA at www.ncsasports.org.
About Zybek Sports:
Founded in Boulder, Colorado, in 2008, it is our mission at Zybek Sports to be committed to providing the latest innovations and sports analysis tools to help each individual reach his or her full athletic potential. Since its inception into the sports performance market Zybek has taken strides to secure its place among the elite providers of talent identification and performance analysis equipment. Zybek Sports has provided the only fully automated timing system used at the 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, Indiana. For more information, please visit www.zybeksports.com
About Box Command:
Our mission at Box Command is to provide Sports Training Franchises and Facilities with the most innovative, robust, and effective technology available to support and propel our clients’ growth and success toward their own respective missions. As technology partner, Box Command provides both the training management system used by all of the Parisi Speed Schools across the country, as well as the integrated event registration, communications and leaderboard systems for all of the combine testing events. For more information about our products and services, visit www.boxcommand.com