Reasons Why I Am Recruitable
• I am a respectful, low-maintenance kid who does NOT create drama.
• I excel in the classroom.
• I make it very hard for a coach to keep me on the bench.
• I am always trying to get better and I understand that I am a work in progress.
• I know how to clean a dugout and help maintain the field.
• I am loyal to my team; I am successful when I am “all in.”
Behind the Plate
I love the catcher position because I WANT and EXPECT my teammates to depend on me for direction. Plus, I love to be involved in every play of the game. When I step on the field defensively, I quickly establish a relationship with the umpires. I want them to know that I am there to make their job easier and see more strikes. When an umpire remembers my name during the season, I am doing my job.
Leadership is Hard
I never thought about myself as a leader until my 14U summer experience when coaches from other teams and parents told me: “You make a good leader” or “You have quiet confidence.” The hardest part is saying something that my teammates do not want to hear or having the guts to call out a teammate when he is messing around during practice.
School and Goals
My transcripts show the effort that I put on my school performance. “Just getting by” is not going to get it done. I hope to play baseball at the collegiate level, but I have realistic expectations for the future. Working to improve my body has helped me understand how important it is to stay healthy and fit. I am interested in programs in exercise science, sports medicine, kinesiology, and physical therapy. Programs like these will keep me in the sports field and focused on helping myself and others.