NCAA Boss Won’t Rule out Death Penalty for Penn St
- The president of the NCAA says he isn’t ruling out the possibility of shutting down the Penn State football program in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.
Should the NCAA Punish Penn State?
- If the N.C.A.A. decides to truly investigate the horror of what happened at Penn State University, it shouldn’t take more than five minutes for the organization to reach a decision given what we already know: Football should be banned for a minimum of two years.
Barcelona Transfer: Fans should be Excited with Signing of 9-Year-Old
- A nine-year-old from Castleknock, Dublin, has been signed by Barca after a breathtaking performance in a recent trial.
Caltech is on NCAA Probation. No, Really
- Caltech, has turned itself in to the NCAA for cheating. One of the country’s losingest athletic programs has chosen to vacate wins it doesn’t have, shut down the recruiting it doesn’t do and be ineligible for championships it never wins.
Some Schools Cut Student Grants, Scholarships
- After loosening their offers to help families cope during the recession, some colleges now are cutting back on grants and scholarships, aid that students don’t have to pay back. Grants and scholarships fell 15% during the just-completed academic year, according to a study to be released Monday by student-loan provider Sallie Mae.