We’re proud to announce our partnership with The Sports Shed, a non-profit dedicated to empowering student-athletes at under-resourced and at-risk situations to participate in organized sports. Throughout the year, we’ll be sharing stories of the ways NCSA Athletic Recruiting’s focus on sports charity is helping Chicagoland youth athletics.
How you can help a worthy sports charity
With spring baseball and softball peeking around the corner, after hauling out your gear from storage, most of us end up replacing our last year’s equipment with the latest models or bigger sizes.
As you are cleaning out, you have the opportunity for someone else to clean up… take that quality equipment you don’t plan to use anymore and donate it to us! We will get it into the hands of underserved kids and under-resourced schools across Chicagoland.
Mail or drop off all quality sports gear at NCSA Athletic Recruiting and we’ll help The Sports Shed distribute it to those in need:
NCSA Athletic Recruiting
1333 N Kingsbury St
Chicago, IL 60642
Why NCSA is getting involved with this sports charity
We believe in the good athletics do for youth. Students who play sports are more more successful in school and in staying off the streets, away from gangs, drugs and violence.
For many kids right here in Chicago, their opportunities are minimal.
They dream just to play, but their families and schools are struggling to provide adequate equipment for them to compete successfully.
The Sports Shed is focused solely on making it possible for thousands of kids in at-risk situations to participate in organized sports. They work directly with several under-resourced schools and athletic programs to provide the quality sports equipment they so desperately need. Donate directly to The Sports Shed and get student-athletes in the game, off the streets, away from gangs and violence.
Why you should help this sports charity
We know you have the dream of playing in college.
We support that dream.
We are proud to also support those that just want a chance to play. While you’re out buying all the gear you need, pick up an extra mitt or ball to throw in with your donations. It will make a huge difference!
We appreciate your time, effort and thoughtfulness. We will update you on our mutual efforts and share the tangible results affecting the lives of youth athletes.
Your NCSA Cares Team and The Sports Shed
Locations where you can donate to this sports charity
NCSA Athletic Recruiting
1333 N Kingsbury St, Chicago, IL 60642
Players Indoor Sports
1740 Quincy Ave, Naperville, IL 60540
412 E Business Center Dr, Mount Prospect, IL 60056
Slammers Training Academy
28427 N Ballard Dr, Lake Forest, IL 60045
Play It Again Sports – ask at your local Play It Again Sports location about donating the money for your quality sports equipment to The Sports Shed.
Most needed items to donate to Chicagoland youth
Baseball/Girls Fast-pitch Softball Equipment
- Batting tees
- Fielding mitts size 11 ½” and up, new or used
- Buckets of practice baseballs and/or softballs
- New baseballs or softballs (game balls)
- Safe-T soft baseballs for indoor use or T-ball
- 5 gallon paint buckets for baseballs/softballs
- BBCOR baseball bats 32” and 33”
- Baseball and softball bats in excellent condition that are less than 3 years old
- Catchers gear in good condition, new or used, for the high school level
- Fielding nets like L-Screens or sock style nets
Other Sports Equipment
- New or slightly used composite basketballs (size 27.5, 28.5 and 29.5)
- New or slightly used soccer balls (size 4 or 5)
- Large team-sized sports equipment bags with wheels (preferably new, but will accept used if still in excellent condition)
- Cones, preferably disc cones
- Pinnies of all sizes and types
- Training jump ropes, exercise bands, dumbbell weights