My name is Ethan, but most just call me E. Thank you for taking time to learn more of and about me. I love the game of basketball and I have a passion for the game that drives me on a daily basis in the gym and classroom to get better and to perform at higher levels. With my great character, work ethic, and motivation, I'm positive that I can be a great addition to your program and the school as a whole. I'm late to the recruiting scene so I'm in catch-up mode but I will have more videos posted once my AAU season gets ramped up in a few weeks.
I've played school ball since 7th grade and AAU ball since 8th grade. As a high school freshman, I was the only freshman placed on the Varsity team after the 1st week of tryouts and I've been a starter for JV and Varsity ever since. Since my days began in AAU, I've started for all my teams and have experience playing all 5 positions on the floor. I can and often play all 5 positions, but I think my more natural position is a 2 with 3 close behind. I just finished up my junior season we made it to the Elite Eight in the state tournament, and we were second in the region.
My strengths :
* Character - Team first! I will do anything and everything required of me by my coaches and teammates. I believe in Team and will do what is right and best for the team on and off the court. I respect the game, my coaches, my teammates and my opponent, I love this game. My attitude is strong, it's positive and I believe in hard work.
* Basketball IQ - the advantage of playing in the different programs over the years has exposed me to many different coaching philosophies, offenses, and defenses. I'm often relied upon to make the on court call or adjustment that is needed based upon what my opponent has setup and their personnel on the floor. I also make it a habit to learn the strengths and weaknesses of my teammates so that I can make the right adjustment for our success.
* Ball handling - This is something that I work hard on daily and take great pride in. My turnover margins are the lowest on the team and my passing carries a certain velocity that teammates need to be aware of. :)
* Jump shot - my best in game performance from 3 point range is 5 for 8. I work daily on all my shots from 3 point to mid-range. My personal goal is to achieve an 88% FG rating, extreme I know but a goal none the less. My free throw shooting is 90% +. I shoot everyday to raise my FG% and my FT %. The 2 hand dunk has just now come to me and I'm working that into my arsenal. :)
* Leadership - not afraid of this role and take pride in being a great teammate and encourager on the floor, on the bench, in the locker room and in the classroom.
Honest assessment, 1st step to my left on defense. I'm working on this daily with my coaches and trainers to turn this into my greatest strength.
I hope this statement gives you a clearer picture into who I am and what I can bring to your program. I really hope to hear from you soon and look forward to more conversations with you and your staff.
Best of regards,