Women’s tennis recruits need to realize that there are less than 1,200 schools that offer women’s tennis. NCSA can help make sure that you do every little thing that you can to stand out as a recruit for college women’s tennis.
1. Develop your game plan and get evaluated by a third party. Tennis coaches don’t always have the time or budgets to travel and see women’s tennis recruits in person, so they rely on evaluations from a trusted resource like NCSA. And because NCSA is a neutral third party, we provide honest answers about your skill level, which helps you set realistic goals about where you want to play women’s tennis.
2. Post your academic/athletic resume online. NCSA has the largest digital platform available to high school athletes. When a women’s tennis recruit posts a resume and highlight video online, it becomes instantly visible to hundreds of college tennis coaches.
3. Create a winning highlight/skills video.
Coaches may not be able to frequently travel and see tennis recruits in person, and that’s why a highlight/skills video is essential. A good video isn’t just raw match footage. Your highlight video should show that you’re a well-rounded player. It should display your footwork and your ability to every type of shot, including serves.
4. Contact 50 to 100 realistic women’s tennis programs. Nearly 1,200 colleges have women’s tennis. Using NCSA’s digital space makes being a recruit for college women’s tennis easier and lets you get your information to dozens of prospective schools. Realize that the majority of women’s tennis players aren’t in Division I. More than 70% of college women’s tennis players compete at the Division II, Division III, NAIA or junior college level.
5. Realize that it’s not a four-year decision. It’s a 40-year decision. Choosing a college is one of life’s most important decisions. Do your research and make an educated decision, not only as a women’s tennis recruit, but also as a student athlete. Input from a neutral third party like NCSA can help you find a school that’s a good fit.
Know your stuff?
You’ve got the top five things to do under your belt.
Build your free profile
Get evaluated by a scout
Get matched with coaches