My name is Jordyn Looney and I love the game of softball, but I cannot tell you that I have dreamed of playing college softball my whole life. If I did, I would be lying. In fact, I have only recently come to the realization that I want to play college softball. I started playing competitively when I was 10 but have really grown into an exceptional athlete the last two years, thanks to hard work and great coaching. My educational future is important to me and I am looking for an academic and softball program that will truly allow me to be successful both on and off the field. In return I have a lot to give. My NCSA profile shares standard softball information, so I would like to offer up 10 facts or thoughts about myself.
- 1. My family drives 720 miles over 18 hours a week to get me to softball practice.
- 2. 99% of the time I swing at the first pitch if I like it. One, I know the pitcher does not want to start behind in the count and two, it is usually the best.
- 3. I am the youngest in my family. I have a brother and sister whom I have a ton of fun with. I can mess with them, but no one else can.
- 4. Dogs and turtles are my favorite animals.
- 5. People who can laugh at themselves are fun to be around.
- 6. I prefer structure but consider myself flexible.
- 7. There is a winner and a loser, that is why they keep score.
- 8. Soup is the best food on earth. Vegetable beef barley is my favorite.
- 9. Practice makes better. I learned that from my Kindergarten teacher!
- 10. Admit when you are wrong and move on. My parents taught me that.