Hello Coaches, thank you for reviewing my profile.
My name is Kanna Crosland, I'm 17 years old, and I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm a senior at the Salt Lake Center For Science Education. I was born in 1998 and have lived in Salt Lake, San Francisco and Tokyo, Japan.
I started to play golf at the age of 6, when my parents started to play as well. I've had wonderful opportunities to play golf in remarkable places and have had exceptional instruction from the beginning. When I was about 12, I began to play in Junior PGA tournaments and now Utah Junior Golf Association (UJGA) and Future Champions Tour (in Southern California), I love the competition, practice, and friendship.
Since starting high school golf I’ve won 8 regular season tournaments, played every tournament in the number one spot, in region championships I've taken second twice, and in 2016 I was region medalist shooting a 71. In all three state championships I've placed in the top ten, made First Team All-State, and in 2016 shot 72, 78 for a fourth place finish. Also, in 2016 I was selected as team captain.
I'm also a varsity swimmer at East High, which helps me stay in shape for golf, and has taught me to be self disciplined and to push myself, along with golf. By practicing and succeeding at swimming, a sport that I'm not naturally talented at, I've applied the same discipline to my golf practice. For 2016-2017 I was named team captain.
In junior golf I play in UJGA and FCT tournaments. In 2016 I played a full schedule of UJGA tournaments along with the PGA and USGA qualifiers. After playing in 18 tournaments over the summer I’m definitely happy with my progress. I’ve become more consistent, added distance, lowered my average scores, especially on longer courses. At the start of the summer one of my primary goals was to qualify to represent Utah in the Junior America’s Cup, qualifying as one of just 4 girls from the state is tough and requires good, consistent play. I made that goal and traveled to Northern California in late July.
I love school and have attended the Salt Lake Center for Science Education since sixth grade. I enjoy the emphasis on math and science and am currently in honors calculus and honors physics. I’ve uploaded my transcripts and current test results to NCSA, my GPA is currently 3.9 and after taking the ACT my score is 32. For university I’m working to narrow my field of study, but I am interested in biology, and design and architecture.
For more golf history, images and video visit my (in progress) personal website:
Summary of Golf Awards & Achievements:
- 2016 UJGA Cleo Branca Sportsmanship Award
- 2016 Girls Junior America's Cup Team
- 2016 UJGA Swire Cup Team
- 2016 Border Wars, Utah Team
- 2016 Utah Junior Amateur, T3 finish
- 2016 Utah High School All State First Team
- 2016 Utah High School State Championship, 4th place finish
- 2016 High School, Region Championship Medalist, 1st in season overall individual standings, multiple regular season wins
- 2015 Utah Junior Amateur, Match play qualifier, made it to the quarter finals
- 2015 Future Champions Tour, three top tens
- 2015 Qualified for UJGA Swire Cup
- 2015 Qualified for UJGA Tournament of Champions
- 2015 Utah High School All State First Team
- 2015 High School Season Winner of multiple regular season tournaments
- 2014 Junior PGA Qualifier T4 Finish
- 2014Utah High School All State First Team
- 2014 High School Season Winner of multiple regular season tournaments
- 2014 Utah Junior PGA Player of the Year
- 2017 High School, Rose Park GC, 2017, -2, 1st
- 2016 Rocky Mountain Junior Tour, Utah Junior Stroke Play, 1st Place
- 2016 UJGA Border Wars, won 3 of 3 matches (2 team matches with Kirsten Fotu, 1 singles match won 8 up)
- 2016 Utah Junior Stroke Play Championship (RMJGT), 1st Place
- 2016 USGA Four-Ball Qualifier, Park Meadows, 78, 3rd (with teammate, Gracie Richens)
- 2016 Utah State Junior Open, Glen Eagle, 75,75, T3
- 2016 Utah Junior Match Play, Overlake, The Barn, Riverside, Oakridge, 72 (qualifier, seeded 3rd), won 1st match 5&4, lost in round of 8 in 24 holes
- 2016 High School State Championship, Wasatch Lake Course, 72, 78, 4th
- High School Region Championship, Davis Park CG, 2016, 71, 1st
- High School, Riverside GC, 2016, 76, 2nd
- High School, Rose Park GC, 2016, 76, 1st
- Future Champions Tour, Black Mountain CC, 2015, 80-86, 4th
- USGA Girls Jr. Qualifier, Hidden Valley CC, 2015, 83, 8th
- UJGA, Sleepy Ridge GC, 2015, 76, 3rd
- Junior PGA Qualifier, Soldier Hollow, 2015, 73, T10
- UJGA, Overlake GC, 2015, 80
- High School Region Championship, Hill AFB GC, 2015, 79, T2
- High School, Lakeside GC, 2015, 76, 2nd
- High School, Rose Park GC, 2015, -3, 1st