- 1st Team All-State 2019
- Over 100 career goals - mid junior year.
- One of the top scorers at TOP DRAW tourney Nov 2018. Ranked at #6 on day 1 out of ALL teams/players.
- Selected for Bluegrass Premiers top team - playing with many D1 & 2 recruits.
- Selected for 2018 WDNT Kentucky team (2nd year in a row)
- Selected for All-Region tournament team (2018 season)
- Selected for All-Star Louisville team 2018 season (for Louisville KY)
- Stats: 31 goals out of 14 games played (VARSITY FRESHMAN YEAR against top Louisville metro teams 2017) MaxPreps
- Condition and Agility train on my own 3-4 days a week (Core Sports, Trainer- Meghan Herps, Louisville KY)
Hello! Alera here! I’m not your average student athlete! I believe my faith, fierce competitiveness, athleticism, huge team spirit, always positive attitude and hard work ethic set me apart. I’m driven to succeed on the field and in the classroom. I never stop pushing myself to reach my goals!! And that includes playing lacrosse for a competitive college team.
I’ve been playing lax since 6th grade and competitive in sports my whole life! I do whatever it takes to be a better athlete and college ready, working hard especially in the off-season. I don't expect a spot to be giving to me, I expect to earn it and I have always prepared with this in mind. Whether it's running on my own or practicing drills in my backyard. I actually love strength training and work with my trainer 3-4 days a week to keep my endurance and body strong. She has me doing D1 conditioning! I also play on different travel/club and indoor teams during off season...(many times asking to join other school teams if my school isn’t playing in the off season... I’ve played with the top 1 and 2 highschool teams in the state in off season.)
I'm pretty sure all of my coaches will tell you I give 110% to every game AND practice. I regularly, like almost always, stay after practice to just work on a new skill. And many times go home after practice to work on it till I get it right! haha (Yeah, Im kindof a perfectionist when it comes to lacrosse!) I often ask for my coaches advice and criticism so I can continue to improve and reach my lacrosse goals!
It's also VERY important to me that I am an encouraging teammate as well as role model to other players. I will give directions but I’m really big on cheering on my teammates!! No matter whether I win or lose, you have to keep your spirit up for the whole team! My hope is to be a "light" on and off the field and give all the Glory back to God!
"Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, leadership, sacrifice and most of all love for what you are doing.” ~ Pele
(This quote is so true and SO me!)
Other important highlights:
- Varsity starter (as a freshman) Main draw specialist for team. (Mid/Att)
- I made the Varsity team as an 8th grader. (But with the new rule, was only allowed to play JV.)
- As an 8th grader, I started and played every inning on the Highschool team as Middie. (For both highschool and club teams)
- Making good grades is very important to me. Enrolled in honors classes.
- Played softball for 8 years prior to Lacrosse. (Pitcher and short stop)
- My faith is also very important to me.
- I taught myself to play guitar.
- Voted best Midfielder out of ALL players attending Commonwealth Classic....voted by all attending college coaches. (Aug 2017 -Transylvania Univ)
- Selected for 2017 WDNT Kentucky team (One of only two freshman on team)