My name is Ashlyn Morr and I am a Sophomore at New Albany High school, and I swim on New Albany Aquatics Club Swimming Team year round. Swimming has been a huge part of my life since I was six. I started competitively swimming when I was six and have loved it ever since. I want to continue swimming in college and continue to excel in academics. Although this was a challenging year due to COVID and limited practice availability, I felt as though it was one of my most rewarding years. As a team, we were able to win the first-ever Ohio High School State Championship for New Albany High School in Swim and Dive, and I was able to contribute by making the podium in both of my individual events as well as both of my relay events including 1st place in our 400 free relay.
In my athletic history, I participated in Lacrosse for 7 years, soccer for 4 years, and enjoy any kind of water sport. I am also a certified lifeguard. I have always received feedback from my coaches on being extremely "coachable," as well as an extremely hard worker. I have been fortunate to have been a part of the former Ohio State Swim Club from 2018-2020, and swim alongside multiple Olympic trial qualifiers on my current team. During my off-season, which is only a few weeks a year, I work with a private trainer to improve my strength.
From an academic perspective, I maintain 4.1+ GPA including extremely advanced mathematics courses such as AP Calculus as a sophomore. I am looking for a school which encourages a balance for student athletes. I look forward to meeting and talking with coaches about future openings on their roster.
- *2021 All American - 400 Free Relay,
- *2021 USA Futures- Qualified 200 Free, 500 Free, 800 Free Relay (8th place)
*2021 Speedo Sectionals- 7th place 1500 free
*2021 Ohio High School State (Freshman Year) 1st place: 400 Free Relay (51.80), 5th place overall 500 free (5:00.93), 6th place overall 200 Free (1:51.90), 5th place 200 free relay (23.55 - anchor)
- *2021 Ohio High School Districts (Freshman year)- 2nd place 500 Free (5:00.88), 200 Medley Relay (Free: 23.65) - 1st Place - Meet Record, 400 Free Relay (52.17) - 1st place, 200 Free (1:52.76) - qualified
- *2020 USA Mid States All Star Championships- 1st place 1650 Free, 2nd place 500 free, 3rd place 200 Free
- *2019 USA Central Zones-2nd place 100 free(59.74), 1st place 200 free (2:07.33), 1st place in 400 free (4:28.83), 1st place 800 free(9:15.08), 2nd place 400 Medley Relay (free), 1st place 400 Free Relay (anchor)
- 2019 Ohio State Junior Olympics Long Course - 13-14 (1500 Free: 17:51.15) - 1st place
- 2019 Ohio State Junior Olympics Short Course - 13-14 (1650 Free: 17:28.11) - 1st place, 500 Free: 5:00.60) - 2nd place