I'm sure you read a lot of these personal statements so my goal is to quickly give you an idea of who I am as person and teammate.
Favorite Book: We Were Liars by Emily Jenkins
Favorite Food: Tortellini or pizza
Favorite Actor: Timothee Chalamet
Favorite Hobbies: I love baking, camping, skiing, listening to music, going to concerts, watching movies and playing with my dogs.
The things that set me apart on the court and in the classroom are my competitiveness, spirit, hustle and refusal to lose. I do well in school (high GPA, National Honors Society Member, scored well on my PSAT) and take the toughest courses because I enjoy the challenge. I also enjoy participating in other clubs at our school such as FCCLA and Spirit Club.
As an athlete, I am known to be a fierce competitor who brings a lot of confidence to the court and cheers for every point. My speed, intensity, reflexes, knowledge of the game and refusal to let the ball hit the ground are what make me a solid libero. The things that make me a good friend and teammate are my positivity, energy, sense of humor and ability to lift people up when they are down.
My volleyball credentials:
• I have been playing club volleyball for MAVA, one of Louisville’s premier clubs, since I was nine years old
• My 7th grade middle school team was undefeated for the season and in tournament play
• Have played three seasons of sand volleyball as well as refereed at King Louie’s, here in Louisville
• I started on my high school’s varsity team as a freshman and a sophomore
A few extra tidbits:
• Have a twin sister, Grayson, who I have played with since we began at age nine and a 13-year old younger sister Sophie who also plays volleyball.
• Volunteer at Friend’s School, a school in Louisville that mixes typical learners with kids with needs
• Have participated in the Louisville Pride Parade for the last three years
• Volunteer for Star Duck Charities, helping raise funds for St. Joseph’s Children’s Home in Louisville and at the Shamrock Foundation
• Have co-authored a children’s book with my family, Carma’s Tail: Diary of a Homeless Albino Pit Bull and contributed to The Misphits: Story of Snake
I would love to find a college that is a good fit for me academically and that will let me continue to play volleyball at a high level. I realize I only have six more years of competitive volleyball and I want to continue playing, improving and challenging both my mind and body. I also love the friends I have made through volleyball and hope I get the opportunity to do the same in college.
Thank you for taking the time to read my statement even though I know you have a very busy schedule. I appreciate your consideration.