Earning a degree while keeping athletics in my life is important, its a lifestyle that keeps me motivated. Having played football as long as I have wrestled and having success in both at high levels, I want to be certain if it is possible to both in college. While it is not the most important part of deciding my future, having the opportunity to both is something I am highly considering.
Football info - All Conference LB/RB/DB at some point in my career. Washington High School Career tackle leader with 344 career tackles. 4 year starter. Freshman Strong Safety/OLB, Sophomore ILB/OLB, Junior (6 games MLB), Senior MLB
- Freshman year 103 tackles, Sophomore 83 tackles, Junior (6 games) 62 tackles, Senior (pulled in 2nd half due to blowouts 3 times) 96 tackles. Rushed for 853 yards in a new offense, moving from QB to FB.
- Freshman year wrestled 170/182 with a record of 39-10 with several tournaments in PA, Conference Champion and Region 2 Champion, finished 4th WV AAA 170.
- Sophomore year wrestled 182/195 with a record of 34-11 again with several tournaments in PA, Conference Champion and Region 2 Champion, finished 5th WV AAA 182. Freestyle wrestling was new to me but after qualifying 3rd in the Junior level in WV placed 4th in Cadet and one round from placing in Greco in Fargo.
- Junior year there was no regular season wrestling. Broken Tibia/Fibula Oct 16 at football practice, requiring surgery for a rod and then a re-break of the Fibula Dec 6 kept the regular season from happening. The goal was to get back for Conference and Regions but with the 2nd break only wrestled 2 matches at Conference, (195lbs) made the Region Finals at 195, did not wrestle finals do to leg, finishing 4-0. State Qualifer but didn't wrestle at State due to leg.
- Senior year wrestled 195, wrestling at the Elite Opener (Washington High Charles Town, WV) injured my back in the 3rd match, wrestled the 4th but was able to beat Emmanuel Ayi Bonte (Potomac Senior) 11-7 who won VA 6A 195 State Championship. My 1st loss was to Gaige Garcia (Southern Columbia) at Trojan Wars after being off for 2 weeks with the back injury, battled Gaige to the 3rd down 3-2 and tried a loose dump attempt and failed and re-aggravated my back. After physical therapy to loosen up my back I was able to go on a run where no offensive points were scored on me through to the State Finals. Finished 31-2 as State Champion 195lbs.
Everyday after the leg break there was something to do to get back to normal. From school work to the gym to workouts with my Dad, I pushed to get back into shape for football and wrestling.