I currently attend Middlesex High School in Middlesex, NJ and play on the varsity team, for the Middlesex "Lady Blue Jays".
I am very excited about this past 2015-2016 season on the varsity basketball team as a starting player and as the point guard. My team and I ended the season (21-6). I had season game highs of 22-points, 6 - 3PT field goals, 7-steals, 5-assists, and 8-rebounds. I averaged near 17 points per game, 73 three field goals, averaging 2.9 threes and total points 425. I am a scoring point guard that can play both point and shooting positions - combo guard. I am feisty on defense and a team player on offense. This year my team and I earned an awesome year of accomplishments:
- NJSIAA Central Jersey Group 1 Sectionals - 2nd Place
- Greater Middlesex Conference (GMC) Blue Division Team - 1st Place, past two seasons
- Greater Middlesex Conference (GMC) - 7th Place
- NJSIAA All State Group1 2nd team
- Regular season within Top 10 Rnk 3-Point shooter in NJ
- Greater Middlesex Conference (GMC) All Blue Division, for the past two seasons
- All Area 2nd team from Home New Tribune
- All Area Honorable Mention from Courier News
- Greater Middlesex Conference (GMC) Blue Division - Athlete of the Week
I would love for you to see me in action! I hope to see you in attendance at my high school games or AAU season to review my progress and your consideration to play at the next level as an academic athlete. I am considering a career in Physical Therapy, Athletic Training, and/or in Sports Medicine.
Zakiya Beckles PG/SG
Work hard play hard!