My name is Allana Thompson and I play basketball for Katy High School in Katy, TX. I made the Varsity basketball team my Freshman year and it was an amazing experience. Our 2016-2017 girls basketball team made it all the way to the Area Championship game, which was the furthest our team had gone in 43 years! I learned a lot from the older players and gained a great deal of experience which I believe is going to help me be a better player for the next three years. Our 2017-2018 made it to the Regional playoffs and our 2018-2019 team were the District Champions for the first time in 20 years and we made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs My overall goal is to become a Sports Analyst. My basketball goals are to play at the collegiate level and maybe even play in the WNBA. I think I am a good candidate for any team I play on for the following reasons:
1. I am humble and have a very good/positive attitude.
2. I always encourage my teammates especially, when their heads are down.
3. I think I am a very funny person and I really enjoy making everyone smile(including the coaches). I believe laughter is the best medicine anyone can take.
4. I always give 110% on the court and in the classroom.
5. I also believe there is always room for improvement so I work hard on improving both my academic and basketball skills.
6. I am very respectful and I listen to my coaches and don't question what they tell me to do.