My name is Mitchell Brown, I am 14 years old and I live in Chelsea Michigan where I will attend Chelsea High School as a freshman this coming year. I started diving and swimming at the age of five years old. At that point, I found immediately that diving was my passion. I love the thrill of flipping and twisting through the air. And I thrive on competing and pushing myself to be the best diver I can be. I train multiple hours a day to fine tune my skills. I compete with Legacy Diving Club at Eastern Michigan University on the Michigan National Team. I also dove and swam on the Chelsea Beach Middle School Swim and Dive team where I was also named Team Captain. I am looking forward to swimming and diving with Chelsea High School team this coming year. I have also been swimming and diving in the Washtenaw Interclub Swim Conference and Southern Michigan Swim League for 8 years.
My favorite diving event by far is platform. I love the adrenaline charge of diving from those heights. My favorite dives on platform are 105b and 405c both on 7m.
Below are a few accolades over the course of my career:
- 2019 USA Diving Regionals
- 4th on 1m with 8 dives for a score of 275.50
- 4th on 3m with 8 dives for a score of 298.80
- 4th on platform (5m/7m) with 7 dives for a score of 223.20
2019 USA Diving Zones
- 5th on 1m with 8 dives for a score of 295.50
- 3rd on 3m with 8 dives for a score of 324.60
- 4th on platform (5m/7m) with 7 dives for a score of 256.55
2019 USA Diving Nationals
- 6th in platform finals (5m/7m) with 7 dives for a score of 290.05
- 16th in 3m semifinals with 8 dives for a score of 281.90
2018 USA Diving Regionals
- 8th on 1m with 8 dives for a score of 238.55
- 9th on 3m with 8 dives for a score of 236.50
2018 USA Diving Zones
- 15th on 1m with 8 dives for a score of 214.80
- 14th on 3m with 8 dives for a score of 235.10.
2018 and 2019 MISCA State 1st Place 1m Diving Champion
2012 – 2019 WISC 1st Place 1m Diving Champion - 7 years running