Hello, my name is Jacqueline Izzo. My coaches and teammates call me Jackie or Jax for short. They describe me as quiet leader, tenacious trainer and fierce competitor with incredible lofty goals. I am a goal orientated student- athlete. I prefer structure, direction and love to be challenged. I’m very disciplined and versatile mid-distance and distance runner. Initially, I began running in middle school to improve my strength and endurance for premier soccer and AAU basketball. It wasn’t until the summer before my freshman year of high school that I shifted my focus to running. I discovered my passion to run and compete after attending a North Kingdom running camp (NKRC) in Vermont. It was a memorable experience meeting and training with runners from across the country and Canada.
Unfortunately, my Indoor track season has been canceled by this pandemic. Despite, losing yet another track season I remain focused on my training in an effort to get stronger as a runner. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to continue my running career at the collegiate level. I’d like to run at a school that has both cross country and track programs. I currently have an Individualize Education plan (IEP). Therefore, learning about any student athlete support and or tutoring programs will be important.
Freshman Year Highlights:
- All Conference, MVP Runner (XC) MVP Freshman Runner (Outdoor Track)
- Broke School Records: 5K (XC) 5000M and 4X800 (Outdoor Track)
- Qualified and competed at CT State Open and New England’s in ME 4X800
Sophomore Year Highlights:
- XC All Conference, All-State, and All New England’s
- MVP Runner XC/TF and Record Journal Runner of the Year, All New Britain Herald Runner
- Broke School Records: 5K (XC) 1000M, 1600M, 1Mile, 3200M, 4X800 and DMR (Indoor Track)
- Qualified and competed at New England’s XC, finished top 25 (22)
- Qualified and completed at CT State Opens and New England’s in Boston Indoor Track 4X800
- Qualified for NB Nationals Indoor & Outdoor 4X800 / 5000M (cancelled due to Covid)
Junior Year Highlights:
- Returning from injury to compete. I missed summer base training and the beginning of my 2020 XC season due to injury. I maintained my fitness level by cross training by swimming and using stationary bike daily.
- All Conference, All-State XC
- CCC XC Regional Conference Champions
- Qualified and competed in Nike Cross Virtual Championship
Canceled due to Covid.19:
- NB National Indoor Emerging Elite
- NB National Outdoors Championship
- 2020 Outdoor Track season
- 2021 Indoor Track season