I'm a workhorse. I love the combination of physical and finesse in lacrosse and hockey. In the past two years, I've grown a lot mentally in both sports and am focused on improving my lacrosse IQ. I understand that mindset and intelligence can elevate my physical game. I've been told often that I am coachable. I'm proud of that.
My team inspires me to give everything I've got. I think my HS lacrosse coach would say that I'm tough and consistently work hard in games and practice. I put in extra time this past season to make sure I helped my teammates, especially our seniors, make it to the state championship and win it. I attacked every extra workout, every faceoff grind and ground ball battle and had a blast competing at the highest level.
I take pride in challenging myself in school as well. AP Calculus was a battle this year as a junior, but I conquered!
Courses to Date:
- AP Calculus, AP US History, AP European History, Accelerated Spanish (5yrs), Accelerated English (3yrs), Accelerated Physics I & II, Accelerated Biology, Accelerated Chemistry, Advanced World History
On weekends, one of my favorite things to do is teach lacrosse to 4-6 year olds. The kids are funny and getting paid to play the game I love is awesome. During the summer, I work full time teaching sailing.
I am also involved in many community service projects throughout the year:
- ASP: Volunteer for Appalachia Service Project. Fundraised throughout the year. Traveled to W. Virginia to repair a home for a family in need.
- Coastal Sweep: Volunteer to clean beaches and harbor in town
- Food Drives to benefit Cohasset Food Pantry and Greater Boston Food Pantry: Cohasset High School & Plymouth County 4H
- MIAA Ambassador: Attend leadership conferences and organize volunteer activities within my school
- Cradles to Crayons: Volunteer sorting clothing and supplies for children in need
- Volunteer & Ambassador, Safe Harbor Cohasset Coalition (substance mis-use prevention)
I am a three sport varsity athlete. I play lacrosse, hockey & golf. In hockey, I am a 2 time league All-Star and lead the league in points by defensemen as a junior. (I will be a 4 year varsity starter and 2 year captain. As a freshman, I was 3rd in the state for defensive points.)
I have also received MVP and 'Hustle and Desire' awards for hockey.