My name is Annalise Grant and I am from West Des Moines, Iowa where my love for the game originated in just 4th grade. I am starting my seventh club season. I completed 2022 club season with Six Pack 16 team located in Cedar Falls, Iowa. My club volleyball experience has been competitive and challenging while providing me with development to further grow in skills. Our team ended up 2nd place in the 16 National Division. I am so excited for the 2023 club season to play on my Six Pack 17 team.
I am currently a sophomore at Dowling Catholic High school. My freshman season, I was the starter libero on the Varsity team. I played 107 sets with 40 matches. I have 493 digs with an average of 4.5 digs per game. My serving efficiency is 90.3% with 373 successful serves out of 413 attempts. My season ended with a 1st All-Conference Award, Team Best Defensive Player, Team MVP, 5A All-State 2nd Team, 5A West District 1st Team and Des Moines Registers All-Iowa Team - Honorable Mention.
Here is a quick summary of my first year of high school varsity volleyball (2021) from my high school coach:
- Annalise had 493 digs in a season. This set a record for our school. She also finished the season #1 in digs in class 5A.
- Annalise had 39 aces on the season and had a 90.3% serving average. She was a server we could count on to serve us big runs when we needed it.
-Annalise was the only freshman to earn 1st team All Conference recognition. (She was also unanimously selected to be on the team.)
- Annalise was the only freshman on the All-District team.
- Annalise was the only freshman on the 2nd team All-State team.
- Annalise was the libero for our state tournament team this past season.
For my sophomore 2022 season, I was not able to be an active player rotation due to an injury. During this time, I continued my growth and development both on and off the court while completing my rehabilitation and strengthening program. A leadership role as Co-team captain allowed me to enhance my high school season despite the absence of playing time. I encouraged and supported my teammates throughout a successful season. Our team was successful in reaching the state tournament.
I am a 5' 5" libero and have played the back row position in all my volleyball years. My learning and passion for volleyball started at a young age where I have played with older, more experienced girls my whole life. I have adapted in such a way that I can always play to the best of my ability. My older sister who also played volleyball in high school, has always encouraged me to become the best player and person. She has taught me from day one to go for your goals and want it even more every day on the court.
Here are a few reasons why I would be a great pick for your team:
1) I set the bar high. I always set the bar high for myself in everything I do. I practice volleyball twice a week, and workout at my local gym where I work on agility drills and lifting. I strive to have a healthy body and mindset so I am always improving in the game.
2) I work hard in everything I do. It is not about winning, it is about giving 110 and doing the best you can on and off the court. Repeating positive thoughts and never getting discouraged is one of my best traits. I have learned that everybody makes mistakes and I can't look back on the previous bad pass, but look towards making a perfect pass in the next play. I have applied this on the court and try to encourage my teammates and others to do the same.
3) I have strong mental mindset. I keep this mindset in volleyball, but in school as well. I have a 4.0 GPA and I am currently enrolled in many advanced classes and clubs for my school. I am encouraged daily to think outside the box and keep my grades up. As I continue my high school career, I have a solid foundation to be the best person, athlete, and classmate that I can be.