Men’s Swim Camps
Impact of Coronavirus on College Swimming & Diving Recruiting: The NCAA has continued its suspension of all in-person recruiting through August 31; Different rules have been approved for the D2 level. The NCAA also granted an extra year of eligibility to college seniors. The impact of coronavirus on sports is that right now, all recruiting activity is happening online. The timing of when sports will come back is being determined by the state, local and national governing bodies. Here is more information on how coronavirus will impact Swimming & Diving. We’re also sharing survey results from 600+ college coaches, in which we asked how they think COVID-19 will impact recruiting.
Men's swim camps are a great way to make sure techniques are at their best. Finding the right swim camp from the list here will help you sharpen the skills needed in every aspect of the race, but the process can also feel confusing or overwhelming. Here is some information to help student-athletes choose the right swim camp.
2019 Men’s College Swimming Camps
We have pulled together a list of every men’s college swim camp in the country with the date and cost for each camp. If you are looking to attend a camp this summer, look no further than this free list of 2019 men’s college swimming camps.Is there a swim camp near me?
How to Choose the Right Swimming Camp
The perfect college summer swimming camps for some swimmers might not be the same camps their high school teammates want to attend, and the opposite is true, as well. It’s important to remember that everyone on the team is probably at a different point in their college swimming recruiting process, and when deciding among men's swim camps, student-athletes will want to think about several factors:
- What level swimmer does the camp work with? For those still working on fundamentals of technique, competitive swimming camps might be too overwhelming. Conversely, it can be beneficial to learn new techniques and feel challenged at a camp.
- How much is the family able to budget for men's swimming camps?
- How far is traveling required to attend the camp?
- What’s the duration of the camp? Some overnight men's swimming camps can include up to five days of swimming instruction, film review and activities with other campers.
- Are there college swimming camps hosted at schools where you've been in contact with college coaches?
That's not even getting into the particulars of swimmers’ races and their specific goals. It’s important to families to know if the swim camps they’re examining offer instruction in the right stroke and distance? Are the instructors reputable? Will there be college coaches on the decks and will they be helping review student-athletes’ underwater films? Will there be opportunities to talk to current swimmers about what life is like at the school?
The college swimming camps in this list are a resource to help student-athletes become even better swimmers and connect with college coaches. Check out the full list of swimming camps to see what opportunities are out there.