Track and Field Coronavirus Information
While the coronavirus has impacted every sport at every level, some will be affected more than others depending on when their season is. The NCAA has initially canceled all winter and spring NCAA championships and all in-person recruiting through April 15, 2020. To find out more how track and field will be affected by the virus and keep up with news releases, event cancellations, schedule changes and more, check this page for updates.
Get additional information by visiting some of our other coronavirus resources below:
- Coronavirus youth sports updates
- High school sports coronavirus information
- Club sports coronavirus information
- College camps and visits status
Track and Field National Governing Bodies Status Updates
USA Track and Field (USATF)
- All USATF championships cancelled for 30 days Updated March 17
Track and Field High School Associations Status Updates
See the complete list of high school athletic associations and their updates
Track and Field Events Statuses and Resources
- 2020 USATF world race walk cup 10km & 20km, masters 20km, junior 20km championships: March 29, Whiting, NJ (Postponed) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF 100 Km Road Championships: April 18, Madison, WI (Canceled) Updated March 26
- Drake Relays: April 25, Des Moines, IA (Postponed) Updated March 26
- Penn Relays: April 25, Philadelphia, PA (Postponed) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF Masters 10 Km Championships: April 26, Dedham, MA (Canceled) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF 25 Km Championships: May 9, Grand Rapids, MI (Postponed to Oct 24) Updated March 26
- USATF Distance Classic: May 14, Pasadena, CA (No change) Updated March 26
- Adidas Boost Boston Games: May 31, Boston, MA (No change) Updated March 26
- Nike Prefontaine Classic: Jun 7, Eugene, OR (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF U20 Championships: Jun 12-14, Miramar, FL (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Track & Field: Jun 19-28, Eugene, OR (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF Long Distance Mountain Running Championships: Jun 21, Squaw Valley, CA (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF Youth Outdoor Championships: Jun 23-28, Miramar, FL (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF Masters Outdoor Championships: Jul 9-12, Greensboro, NC (No change) Updated March 26
- World Masters Association Outdoor Championships: Jul 20-Aug 1, Toronto, Ontario (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 Olympic Games: Jul 21-Aug 9, Tokyo (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF Hershey National Junior Olympics Track & Field Championships: Jul 27- Aug 2, Jacksonville, FL (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF Mountain Running Championship: Aug 16, Mt. Hood, OR (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF Masters 1 Mile Championship: Aug 22, Flint, MI (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF 20 Km Championships: Sept 7, New Haven, CT (No change) Updated March 26
- IAU 100 Km World Championships: Sept 12, Winschoten (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF Masters 12 Km Championships: Sept 27, Highlands, NJ (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF 10 Mile Championships: Oct 4, Minneapolis/St. Paul , MN (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF 5 Km Championships: Oct 31, New York, NY (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF Marathon Trail Championships: Nov 2, TBD (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF Club Cross Country Championships: Dec 12, TBD (No change) Updated March 26
- 2020 USATF Masters Indoor Championships: March 13-15, Baton Rouge, LA (Canceled) Updated March 9
- 2020 USATF Hershey Youth National Indoor Championships: March 20-22, Staten Island, NY (Canceled) Updated March 10
- 2020 New Balance Nationals Indoor (NBNI): March 13-15, New York, NY (Canceled) Updated March 11
- 2020 New Balance Nationals Outdoor: June 18-21, Greensboro, NC (No Change) Updated March 16
- NSAF 2020 Iron Wood Throws Classic: May 29-30, Coeur d'Alene, ID (No Change) Updated March 16
For additional information, visit our coronavirus high school and college sports resource page.
Visit our club sports information page for coronavirus updates in club sports.
Visit our college closures page for campus closures from coronavirus.
The impacts of COVID-19 are being felt throughout the sports community. As we head into the spring and summer season, there is a lot of uncertainty into how the youth sports community will be impacted. At NCSA we are believers on the importance of sports first and recruiting experts second. We are making all of our research into the impacts of COVID-19 public to help in any way we can. We will continue to update these materials as updates are necessary. Please send any questions or requests to email@example.com.
In light of recent events surrounding the Coronavirus, NSCA has assembled this site as a resource for relevant news and information as it relates to its impact on youth, high school, club and college sports.
The news, material, resources, tools and information (“Content”) contained on this site is for general information purposes only, and should not be used as a basis for making any business, legal, medical or any other decision, or to self-diagnose, diagnose, self-treat, or treat any health-related, medical, mental health, or other condition. Inclusion of any Content on this site does not imply (expressly or otherwise) NCSA’s support for or endorsement of any of the sources of such Content (or anything contained therein), nor has NCSA independently reviewed or verified any of the information contained herein and therein.
NCSA makes no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, about the completeness, veracity, accuracy, reliability, suitability, timeliness or applicability of the site or the Content contained therein for any purpose whatsoever, and all users acknowledge and agree that any use of the site or Content is solely and exclusively at their own risk.
The site and Content are not meant to represent, replace, or supplement the advice or guidance of trained medical, health or epidemiology professionals. In no event shall NCSA or its employees, directors, officers, agents, subcontractors, or affiliates have any liability, whatsoever, for any damages, costs, expenses, claims, judgments, risks, or otherwise arising out of, relating to, or associated with any users’ use of, interaction with, or reliance upon the site or Content.